Friday, February 23, 2007

John Rolls Over

You know you're a first-time parent when you are this excited about your baby rolling over!

Yesterday I realized that I have not been giving 11-1/2-week-old John any "tummy time" because I have fallen into a routine of keeping him upright as often as possible to prevent his copious spitting up. So, this morning, a safe hour after eating, I put him on his tummy on his play mat, not even sure if he'd have the muscle development to push himself up with his arms.

First he stared at "the baby in the mirror."


I saw that he could not rest his head with the pillow beneath his arms, so I removed the pillow. He promptly rolled over, front to back! Here is a shot a moment later:



I wondered if John had fallen over accidentally instead of rolled over, so I put him on his tummy again. This time I was able to snap a photo of him mid-roll:



Once I knew this was not accidental, I ran upstairs to wake up Chris. We then videotaped the momentous feat, which you can view here:

video of John rolling over

3 comments:

  1. that is a really nice play gym; who makes it? mine is tiny love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the Infantino Giddy-up and Go Gym:

    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1172249913/ref=sr_1_4/601-9500708-6364935?ie=UTF8&asin=B000FCW15K

    Grandma Lauer gave it to John and it does seem like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's some skilled rolling! I get such a kick out of your "new parent-ness" :-) Hopefully we get to meet John in person soon!

    ReplyDelete