Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

A few weeks ago, I called my husband from an aisle in the grocery store to thank him for supporting me to stay home, making it possible for me to be shopping peacefully in the middle of the day with my sleeping infant instead of trying to buy the groceries when I'm exhausted after work and the baby is exhausted after daycare.

Today I want to thank Chris again for supporting me to stay home so I can do things like sing with my baby son like I did today. For Valentine's Day, I bought our son John two CDs of nursery rhymes and this afternoon played the first one. I held John in my arms and sang along with the CD in an animated way. John particularly loved "Old McDonald Had a Farm." He smiled and grinned and "laughed" (in the way he can at 10 weeks old). What price could possibly be paid for me to voluntarily give up such joyous moments?! Thank you, honey!



1 comment: