Saturday, January 13, 2007

Child Humiliation: The Cycle of Abuse

After Katherine ran across this picture of her as an infant, we couldn't resist the temptation to subject our first child to the same humiliation as Katherine parents did to her. Thus the cycle of abuse continues. When will it end!!!

[EDIT by Katherine: Abuse?! Hardly! This is a vintage photo of me, circa 1977, in which I, at age 4-1/2 months, am wearing my Grandmother Terri's eyeglasses. What fashion! Recently Chris and I bought a car but the prior owner failed to clear out these eyeglasses, which we subsequently found beneath the seat. As you can see, they seem to be my grandmother's exact glasses, only a shade darker! How could we resist staging the photo again?]

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Katherine has cleared up the fact that it wasn't her parents who staged that sunglasses shot but rather her maternal grandmother.

    Her parents have actually never released the pictures taken of her as an infant in Star Trek costumes or that really nice aluminum foil hat her father worked so hard on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but I do know where I can find photos of me as an infant with party streamers tied jauntily around my head, me sitting in a laundry basket, me sitting in a picnic basket . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The car is a 1995(?) black Honda Accord. High mileage but cared for meticulously by its former owner.

    ReplyDelete